Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Welcome to the eBay Squidoo Blog!


I have recently been given the honor of serving as the first Community Manager for the eBay Seller Community on Squidoo. This is strictly a volunteer position but I take it very seriously. My goal is to help eBay sellers maximize their Squidoo experience while promoting their online products and content.

I have a number of things planned for the community and would love to hear your ideas and suggestions. Together we can build a community that helps each member be successful.

The first order of business is to give you all of the community links. They are also available on the sidebar.

  • The eBay Squidoo Community Headquarters: This will serve as the main hub on Squidoo.

  • The eBay Squidoo Group Headquarters: I recommend you join this group and add all of your lenses. The group homepage will feature lensmasters and lenses from its members. Just another window to your product and content on Squidoo.

  • The eBay Squidoo Directory of Sellers: This is a fast growing directory of ecommerce and content links for community members. The traffic is growing on a daily basis so make sure to include your links. You may not get tons of traffic right now but if I have my way by the 4th Quarter shopping season this directory will be humming.

  • Directory Listing Instructions: Please read the information on this lens before adding your links.
I'm pleased to announce that each day I will be featuring one of your lenses as the Lens of the Day, both on this blog, as well as the other community links. Squidoo HQ has said they will help us promote the eBay Squidoo LOTD as well (but we still haven't figure out how , so stay tuned). My goal is to pick a lens each weekday, so make sure to freshen up your lenses because I'm gonna come a lookin'. Please check out my lens "What I Look For in a Lens" to get an idea what I look for.

I'm really excited about working with all of you, to build the best community on Squidoo, so please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions or suggestions.

While this community is made up of eBay sellers, it is not strictly geared towards promoting only eBay items. If you sell on other marketplaces or your own website please include those links as well. This community is for the Seller not the marketplace. It is a way to celebrate sellers and provide you with the tools necessary to succeed.

Thanks Again!
Randy Smythe

No comments: