Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Squidoo Lens! - House Cleaning Tips!

I've been checking out so many of the lenses being created by the eBay Seller community and I think you are all doing a fantastic job. Here are a few tips on fine tuning your lenses.

  • Make sure the lens isn't too long (10 or more modules) or too short ( just 3 modules plus the introduction).

  • Don't show all of your product, the key is to entice them to visit your store or website where they can see everything.

  • Add a Guestbook so visitors can say hi!

  • My preference is for the Guestbook to always be the last module in the lens. If you've added new content or modules, just use the reorder module button to move the guestbook to the end.

  • Always feature your best stuff at the top of the lens. Many visitors scan the page first so you want to catch their eye at the beginning.

  • Sell another eBay Sellers product on your lens. If you have a friend who sells complementary product why not work a deal where they list some of your items and you list some of theirs. That is what makes a community work.

  • Link to your other lenses by lensrolling them, marking them as favorites -- even if they are personal and have nothing to do with your product. I get a lot of links to my Single Dad lens from my eBay related lenses.
Those are just a few suggestions. I hope they help. Please contact me or comment on these posts if you have questions or suggestions.

No comments: